We seek an Art Director with a strong web and visual design portfolio that includes both high traffic websites and recognizable brand work. Candidate must have the ability to smoothly transition between visual identity and user experience design — finding the common ground that links these two activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
Note: AREA 17 focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. We have little expertise in Flash and/or advertising/marketing campaigns. We appreciate and respect your experience in that domain, however we will only consider candidates that have experience in our domain of expertise.
- Status – Full-time with benefits (or Freelance if necessary)
- Reports to – Creative Director
- Salary – Based on experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing visual identities and user experiences
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite (ability to design in Illustrator)
- Ability to craft unique user experiences for high performance websites
- Ability to craft unique visual identities that work across multiple channels
- Strong knowledge of user interface design techniques and process
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of the capacities and limitations of web development
- Print Design and Production
Would be nice if you also did:
- Some front-end development
To apply, we first ask you to send us a thoughtful cover-letter stating your intentions and a link to your portfolio and/or work examples. Links to live work is preferred.