We are seeking a Interactive Designer with a strong graphic design background and a desire to create user-centered websites. Candidate must have the ability to smoothly transition between visual identity and user experience design — finding the common ground that links these two activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
Note: AREA 17 focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. We have little expertise in Flash and/or advertising/marketing campaigns. We appreciate and respect your experience in that domain, however we will only consider candidates that have experience in our domain of expertise.
- Status – Freelance
- Reports to – Creative Director
- Salary – Based on experience
- 2-3 years of design experience, with a focus on graphic and interactive systems
- A keen eye for pixel accuracy
- A desire to implement highly crafted performance websites
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite, the ability to design in Illustrator is a must
- Print Design and Production
- Visual Identity Design
Would be nice if you also did:
- Some front-end development
To apply, we first ask you to send us a thoughtful cover-letter stating your intentions and a link to your portfolio and/or work examples. Links to live work is preferred.