The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
Note: AREA 17 focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. We have little expertise in Flash and/or advertising/marketing campaigns. We appreciate and respect your experience in that domain, however we will only consider candidates that have experience in our domain of expertise.
- Status – Full-time with benefits (or Freelance if necessary)
- Reports to – Technical Director
- Salary – Based on experience
- Interface Development
- Application Integration (RoR, PHP)
- Research and Experimentation
- Spec Writing and Documentation
- 3-5 years of experience developing for the web
- Ability to code cross-browser/platform gracefully
- Respect of industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices
- Ability to learn new interface techniques as needed
- Ability to code iPhone and mobile-capable websites
- Working knowledge of RoR, PHP and related frameworks
- Working knowledge of Flash, Flex, ActionScripting, etc.
- Working knowledge of server environments
- Experience with Canvas, SVG and building responsive websites
Would be nice if you also did:
- iPhone, iPad and Android app development
- Some backend development
- Some web design
- Cover-letter with salary history or requirements
- PDF Resume/CV with online portfolio or work examples
- Code examples will be later required
To apply for this job, we first ask you to send us a thoughtful cover-letter stating your intentions and a link to your portfolio, CV and/or work examples.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE