Producer / Project Manager
We seek a Project Manager in NYC with agency experience and the skills needed to successfully take design and interactive projects from inception to completion. In addition to an unflappable disposition, impeccable communication style, and a sense of humor, qualified candidates must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects across two offices. Special consideration will be given to candidates with strong technical backgrounds and a history of creating user-centered websites.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
Note: AREA 17 focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. We have little expertise in Flash and/or advertising/marketing campaigns. We appreciate and respect your experience in that domain, however we will only consider candidates that have experience in our domain of expertise.
- Projects: Scoping and management of deliverables, budgets and schedule
- Concepting: Working with creative directors to define strategies and creative concepts
- Team: Coordinating on/offsite designers and developers
- Requirements: Defining client business needs
- Clients: Managing day-to-day client relationship
- Quality: Responsible for the quality assurance process
- Documentation: Writing documents such as statements of work, meeting notes, etc.
- Meetings: Host all internal and client meetings related to your projects
- 3-5 years of creative/technical management experience (or similar)
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Solid presentation skills with the ability to sell your team’s work and ideas
- Ability to write with clarity and style, this job is big on writing
- May require international travel
- Solid understanding of user interface design process and methodologies
- Solid understanding of web development process and methodologies
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of the capacities and limitations of web development
- Familiar with Mac OSX environments, we don’t have any PC’s
- Up-to-date with current technologies and trends (specifically Agile Development)
Would be nice if you also did:
- Technical Project Management
- iPhone and Android app experience
- System Administration
- Web Product Management
- Community Management
- Print Design and Production
- Web design
- Development (Application or Interface)
- Information Architecture
To apply, we first ask you to send us a thoughtful cover-letter stating your intentions and a link to your portfolio and/or work examples. Links to live work is preferred.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE