Technical Project Manager
We seek a Technical Project Manager in NYC with the experience and the skills needed to successfully take interactive projects from inception to completion. In addition to an unflappable disposition, impeccable communication style, and a sense of humor, qualified candidates must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects across two offices. Special consideration will be given to candidates with a history of creating and launching large user-centered websites and large-scale applications.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
Note: AREA 17 focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. We have little expertise in Flash and/or advertising/marketing campaigns. We appreciate and respect your experience in that domain, however we will only consider candidates that have experience in our domain of expertise.
- Team: Coordinating on/offsite developers
- Projects: Scoping and management of deliverables and schedule
- Requirements: Defining client business needs
- Clients: Assist in managing client relationship
- Quality: Responsible for the quality assurance process
- Documentation: Writing documents such as statements of work, meeting notes, etc.
- Concepting: Working with creative directors to define strategies and creative concepts
- 3-5 years of technical management experience
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Ability to write with clarity and style, this job is big on writing
- May require international travel
- Solid understanding of back-end development languages/frameworks (particularly Ruby on Rails and PHP)
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Solid understanding of user interface design process and methodologies
- Working knowledge of the capacities and limitations of web development
- Familiar with Mac OSX environments, we don’t have any PC’s
Would be nice if you also did:
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- iPhone and Android app experience
- Mobile and responsive development experience
- System Administration
- Web Product Management
- Social Media Management
- Web design
- Development (Application or Interface)
- Information Architecture
To apply, we first ask you to send us a thoughtful cover-letter stating your intentions and a link to your portfolio and/or work examples. Links to live work is preferred.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE